Thursday, September 2, 2010

Me and a Good Read

My name is Dylan Dufner but all my friends call me Duff.  I graduated from Sentinel High School in 2008 and went to school afterward for one semester then took a year and a half off, which brings me to now.  My roommates and I usually watch about three movies a night during the school weak, and any one of us could tell you more about an actor/director then you would ever really want to know, we kinda think we're film critics.  I love music, I play guitar, make hip-hop beats, and will listen to just about any genre.  My biggest guilty pleasure is partying, but after the hangover of an eighteen month bender I'm back in school at last.  

I like to read as long as I don't get the tedious vibe of dull literature.  One of my favorite books I have ever read is "The Last Picture Show" by Larry McMurtry. It is a semi auto-biographical novel which always makes for a fun read because the author has the ability to display visuals through experience.  It's about high school grads in an extremely small Texas town and their struggle with the post high school world in a run down farm town.  It has elements of humor but is over all a sort of adventure/romance/drama that will keep you wanting more after you close the book.  It was also made into a movie which I have yet to see, but I strongly encourage you to read the book first.

7 comments:

  1. Nice work! There's some real imaginative language here, I'm into it. Should we call you Dylan or Duff?

    I love film and film trivia as well. I challenge you to a future game of 6 degrees of kevin bacon. I will pwn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Film trivia is my game! Knowing random information about actors/directors/etc is fun. It irritates my family but I think it's awesome that you're a movie buff too and know random trivia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been able to remember names, lines, or random facts about films- so props to you! What's your go to genre of films?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a big movie buff too. I have won so many bets with people because I know what roles actors have played in other movies. People are always so sure I am wrong and I am always right. That book sounds really cool I may have to read it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love music, guitar, and movies also!! what is your favorite movie??

    ReplyDelete
  6. That book sounds very cool.. I definitely want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can call me whatever I truly have no preference. I could never pick a favorite movie. If I had to pick a genre of movie id call it a tie between comedies and suspense actions, I really like Terentino, Woody Allen, Coen brothers, Scorcese, and Guy Ritchie flicks, as well as Judd Apatow and Adam Mckay. Bring it on in 6 degrees of Bacon.

    ReplyDelete